I’ve recently married and/or changed my name. What do I need to do?

Posted by:

In order for all of your employment records to be updated, you need to come to the Personnel Commission Office with one or more of the following documents:

> Social Security Card: You will need to apply for a Social Security Card with your new name. This name is the legal name that will be used on all of your employment documents. This is a requirement in order that your employment records coincide with the information the IRS has on file for tax purposes. Call the Personnel Commission Office for information about the local Social Security Office or check on line.

> Marriage Certificate: If you have health insurance with the District, you will need to bring in a copy of this certificate within 30 days of your marriage in order to add your spouse to your health insurance. Reminder: If you have a new address, phone number or email address, you will need to let us know.

> Citizenship Document