Employees of the Year Honored by Board
The Ocean View School District Board of Trustees honored its six Classified Employees of the Year and two Teachers of the Year in front of family and friends at the April 4th Board Meeting. These eight dedicated professionals are part of a statewide awards program that identifies and honors teaching and classified professionals in education.
OVSD is proud to announce that not only will these employees be recognized by our Board, but two of OVSD’s Classified Employees of the Year—Hope View Elementary Para-Educator/Instructional Assistant Clare Shweyk and Special Education Bus Driver Alicia Helm—have been selected by the Orange County Department of Education as two of six Orange County Classified Employees of the Year! They are being recognized at the OCDE Board Meeting on April 5. They now become nominees for state recognition. Read the OCDE story here!
Please help us celebrate these eight outstanding education professionals in the following categories:
OVSD Classified Employees of the Year:
- Alicia Helm (Transportation, Bus Driver)
- Clare Shweyk (Para-Educator/Instructional Assistant, Hope View Elementary School)
- Shelly Fernandez (Support Services, Health Technician, Village View Elementary School)
- Tannya Ghiotto (Child Nutrition, Central Kitchen, Westmont Elementary School)
- Susan Burdette (Office & Technical, Administrative Secretary, District Office)
- Eric Taylor (Maintenance & Operations, Head Custodian, Golden View Elementary School)
OVSD Teachers of the Year:
- Vincent Saporito (Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher, College View Elementary School)
- Jared de Lachica (Teacher, Spring View Middle School)