Two Info Night Events This Week!
One of the most important transitions a student will make is the move from middle school into high school. With the goal of supporting a successful transition, the Ocean View School District will host its first-ever High School Information Night on Monday, February 6, at 6 p.m. in the Marine View Middle School gymnasium.
Families with 8th grade students are invited to attend this informative event, which will:
- Provide an overview of the open enrollment process in the Huntington Beach Unified High School District (HBUHSD)
- Highlight the six high schools from which you can choose
- Provide examples of traditional and advanced course sequences at the high school level
- Find out what it means to be “college and career ready”
- Learn about current college admission requirements, e.g. UC and Cal State schools
- Hear from those who have gone before you by listening to experienced students and parents
- Finally, plan your immediate next steps with guidance from HBUHSD Career and College Specialists
High school enrollment opened on January 20th. The “Priority Timeline” for applications runs through March 31st. Additional enrollment timelines run May 1st to June 30th. For more information from HBUHSD, visit www.hbuhsd.edu.
Marine View Middle School is located at 682 Tilburg Drive in Huntington Beach.
OVSD is hosting its first-ever Middle School Information Night at 6 p.m. on February 9 for families transitioning into one of our outstanding middle schools or moving into the Ocean View School District area for the first time. Come listen to our overview of the middle school program and the many options available to you and your middle schooler. Hear from the Principals themselves and meet them after the presentation. Tables with information will be available following the detailed presentation.
If you need further information, please go to our homepage where you can "find my school" by inputting your address, or check out our school websites. If you have further questions, please call your school office directly or call our District Office at 714.847.2551, ext. 0 for the operator. We hope to see you on Thursday, February 9 at 6 p.m.!