2019 Classified Employee of the Year Nominations
The Orange County Department of Education has issued applications for the 2019 Orange County Classified Employee of the Year nominations. Our goal this year is to have at least one nominee from each school site as well as the District Office, Maintenance, and Transportation.
In order to be eligible, candidates must be:
- A current, permanent classified employee (full-time or part-time)
- Rank and file employee, not management or supervisory position
- May not have been previously selected as an Orange County Classified School Employee of the Year; candidates can only be selected once (per category) in their career
- Minimum of five (5) years of service in one of the following employment categories: Child Nutrition, Maintenance, Operations, and Facilities, Office and Technical Services, Para-Educator and Instructional Assistance, , Support Services & Security, Transportation
The nomination packet includes a Nominee information form and three letters of recommendation.
- No more than three recommendations can be accepted and at least ONE of them must be from a superintendent, district administrator, or supervisor
- Recommendation letters should describe how the nominee goes above and beyond in the following areas to provide exemplary service to students, families, and colleagues:
- Work Performance
- Involvement in the School Community
- Leadership and Commitment
- Include specific examples and stories that indicate why the nominee is deserving of the Classified School Employee of the Year title
- Reponses are limited to 3 pages and must be submitted on the provided recommendation form
Nomination forms are due back to Human Resources by January 11, 2019.