Where Achievement & Relationships Begin
Follow OVSD Preschools on Instagram!
The Ocean View School District is proud to offer comprehensive preschool programs, providing a variety of services and programs for preschool children aged three and four years old by December 1. We are committed to providing high quality educational programs to support student development and academic achievement, while offering a developmentally-appropriate preschool experience that will lay a strong foundation for our TK-8 classrooms. Inclusive Program Model, World of Wonders Curriculum, Social Emotional Learning, Developmentally Appropriate Activities, Indoor & Outdoor Exploration, Dramatic Play, Language and Literacy Development and so much more!
Our preschools have outstanding teams of dedicated teachers who are committed to providing the foundations and nurturing needed to help our students succeed in preschool. Please click on the programs on the left to find out more about each different type of preschool at OVSD.
OVSD TUITION PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
Call our office at 714-843-6938 if you have questions.
OVSD STATE PRESCHOOL
Ages: Children aged 3-4 years old by December 1, 2024.
The California State Preschool Program (CSPP) definitions of eligibility based on age are as follows:
· CSPP eligible four-year-old children are defined as children who have their fourth birthday on or before December 1, or a child whose fifth birthday occurs after September 1, whose parent or guardian has opted to retain or enroll them in a CSPP.
· CSPP eligible three-year-old children are defined as children who have their third birthday on or before December 1. Children who have their third birthday on or after December 2, may be enrolled in a California State Preschool Program on or after their third birthday.
Sue Broderson Coordinator, Child Development Programs
(714) 847-2551 x.2873
Adriana Boyer Department Secretary Bilingual, Preschool Programs
(714) 843-6938 x.2870 Hablo Español
Teresa Gomez Community Liaison Bilingual, Preschool Programs
(714) 843-6938 x.2885 Hablo Español
Rai Soyangco Sr Acct Clerk, Expanded Learning Programs
(714) 847-2551 x.1108
Oak View Preschool
17131 Emerald Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Tuition and State Preschool locations:
OVSD believes in family choice...
When it comes to Early Childhood Education programs, OVSD offers three options for families:
The 29th Annual Report on the Conditions of Children in Orange County compiles indicators across four interdependent focus areas: Good Health, Economic Well-Being, Educational Achievement and Safe Homes and Communities to highlight trends in how children are faring.
Available Conditions of Children Reports
- 28th Annual Conditions of Children Report
- 27th Annual Conditions of Children Report
- 26th Annual Conditions of Children Report
- 25th Annual Conditions of Children Report
- 24th Annual Conditions of Children Report
- 23rd Annual Conditions of Children Report
- 22nd Annual Conditions of Children Report
First 5 Orange County partners with the UCLA Center for Healthier Children, families, and school districts to gather and analyze EDI data. The EDI has been tested internationally and found to be a reliable indicator of children’s readiness for kindergarten.
The following map is a snapshot of children’s early development in our region of Orange County using 2022 EDI data.