June 8, 2020
To: Parents, Staff, and Community Members in the Ocean View School District
From: Dr. Carol Hansen, Superintendent
Re: Ocean View School District (OVSD) Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
I wish to take this opportunity to thank everyone associated with our schools for their support, patience, and personal sacrifices in response to the worldwide COVID-19 crisis. Our District is well served by the dedication of our Board of Trustees, staff members, parents, and community.
The following information is provided to bring you up to date on the District’s plans for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Read more...
General Coronavirus Information
The novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, is a respiratory virus that was first identified in Wuhan City, China. It has since spread to other countries, including the United States. The complete clinical picture with regard to COVID-19 is not fully understood. Reported illnesses have ranged from mild to severe, including illness resulting in death. Older people and people with certain underlying health conditions like heart disease, lung disease and diabetes, for example, seem to be at greater risk of serious illness.
- There is now community transmission in Orange County, indicating that COVID-19 is spreading in the community.
- People should stay home to avoid exposure to COVID-19
How can I help protect myself?
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. However, the CDC recommends these proven steps to help stop the spread of respiratory illnesses:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Use a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash immediately.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer English
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer Spanish
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer Vietnamese
- Orange County Department of Education (OCDE) Newsroom
- Orange County Health Care Agency
- FAQ about Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus
- California Department of Public Health
- Visit Your Pediatrician!
- Ocean View School District Community Resources
- Create a Family Plan
- Alternate Caregiver Form for Child
- Medical Consent Form for Child