April 5, 2022
Dear OVSD Families,
The Ocean View School District will be sending free COVID-19 rapid testing kits home with students this week. In an effort to keep COVID-19 transmission in schools at a minimum, we are asking you to test your student(s) on April 17, before they return to school from Spring Break. If your student tests positive, please inform the school and keep your student home.
While COVID-19 tests are not mandatory for students returning from Spring Break, we encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity for a little extra peace of mind as we navigate this stage of the pandemic. Moreover, the steps we take together can help ensure the safest possible learning environment for all of our students and staff.
Please note that the test kits expire in May 2022.
Dr. Carol Hansen, Superintendent
Gina Clayton-Tarvin, President, Board of Trustees
General Coronavirus Information
The novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, is a respiratory virus. Reported illnesses have ranged from mild to severe, including illness resulting in death. Older people and people with certain underlying health conditions like heart disease, lung disease and diabetes, for example, seem to be at greater risk of serious illness.
How can I help protect myself?
The CDC recommends these proven steps to help stop the spread of respiratory illnesses:
- Get vaccinated.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Use a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash immediately.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer English
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer Spanish
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer Vietnamese
- Orange County Department of Education (OCDE) Newsroom
- Orange County Health Care Agency
- FAQ about Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus
- California Department of Public Health
- Visit Your Pediatrician!
- Ocean View School District Community Resources
- Create a Family Plan
- Alternate Caregiver Form for Child
- Medical Consent Form for Child