May 29, 2020
Parent Update #21 – Aeries Student Information System
Dear OVSD Parents:
I would like to inform you about a data security incident that may have affected the Aeries Student Information System used by OVSD.
We were recently notified by Aeries Software that a data breach occurred through their Aeries Student Information System on November 4, 2019. The incident was due to a security vulnerability within Aeries software code, which they have since patched. The breach occurred in 166 school districts that Aeries serves. Our IT Department and an Aeries technician analyzed our local hosted servers and all log files to determine if OVSD was one of the compromised districts. They concluded that an attempt was made to access our database, but there was no evidence to suggest that it was successful. Read more...
General Coronavirus Information
The novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, is a respiratory virus that was first identified in Wuhan City, China. It has since spread to other countries, including the United States. The complete clinical picture with regard to COVID-19 is not fully understood. Reported illnesses have ranged from mild to severe, including illness resulting in death. Older people and people with certain underlying health conditions like heart disease, lung disease and diabetes, for example, seem to be at greater risk of serious illness.
- There is now community transmission in Orange County, indicating that COVID-19 is spreading in the community.
- People should stay home to avoid exposure to COVID-19
How can I help protect myself?
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. However, the CDC recommends these proven steps to help stop the spread of respiratory illnesses:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Use a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash immediately.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer English
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer Spanish
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer Vietnamese
- Orange County Department of Education (OCDE) Newsroom
- Orange County Health Care Agency
- FAQ about Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus
- California Department of Public Health
- Ocean View School District Community Resources
- Create a Family Plan
- Alternate Caregiver Form for Child
- Medical Consent Form for Child