Middle School Bike Safety
Huntington Beach Police Department is collaborating with Ocean View School District to provide an e-bike and bike safety awareness training for middle school students. Students who successfully complete the online training and safety quiz will be given a sticker to attach to their e-bike or bike authorizing them to ride e-bikes or bikes to school and secure them in the school bike enclosure. All students may watch the bike safety training video for their information.
By September 15, all middle school students riding an e-bike or bike to school must have completed the online e-bike/bike safety training, successfully completed the safety quiz and have the HBPD authorized sticker adhered to their bike.
Student safety continues to be a priority in Ocean View School District, and as a reminder, state law requires all students to wear helmets securely fastened on their heads when riding bikes or e-bikes.
Steps to complete the authorization to ride an e-bike or bike to middle school:
- A link to the e-Bike/Bike Safety training video is on the Student Portal (Bike Safety on menu bar)
- If your Student Portal is not active, see the school office for assistance.
- After viewing the safety training video, students wanting to ride their e-bike/bike or to school need to take the safety quiz.
- Students bring proof of passing the quiz to the school office or tell the school office staff they have passed the quiz and staff will check the student’s assessment score online.
- Students are given an HBPD sticker to adhere to their e-bike or bike. Students who ride their e-bike or bike to school must have a sticker adhered to their e-bike/bike.
- School staff will monitor the school bike enclosure for proof of authorization to ride an e-bike/bike to school (HBPD sticker)
Student safety continues to be a priority in Ocean View School District and, as a reminder, state law requires all students to wear helmets securely fasted on their head when riding bikes or e-bikes.