Health Screening Questions
Student and staff health/temperature screenings will no longer be required when entering school grounds. However, we do ask that parents conduct a health screening of their child each morning before coming to school, using the following protocol:
Is your child currently experiencing any new or unexpected COVID-19 related symptoms?
- Fever >100.4F or feeling feverish (chills, sweating)
- New cough
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- New loss of taste or smell
Is anyone in your household presenting new or unexpected COVID-19 related symptoms?
Have you recently had close contact (more than 15 minutes within six feet) with someone who is ill, presenting COVID-19 related symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19?
*If you answer YES to any one of the questions above, do not bring your child to school.
OVSD will continue to observe all other safety protocols in place. The CDC relaxed mask guidelines for fully vaccinated people. However, this guidance does not impact our schools as our students have not been vaccinated. Our mask guidelines remain as follows:
- Students, staff, and parents must wear a mask when arriving and exiting school grounds inclusive of the parking lots; the boundaries will be the sidewalks surrounding the schools.
- Students, staff, and visitors must continue to wear masks while indoors and outdoors, regardless of social distancing and vaccination status.
- Masks are removed for eating and drinking. Teachers continue to provide mask breaks, as needed.