THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT—YOUR CHILDREN’S SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY!
This page is intended to inform and remind our community about safety procedures during drop-off and pick-up.
- Do not double-park to drop-off or pick-up your students. Pull up to the curb.
- Park only in marked areas. The loading zones are for loading and unloading only.
- Respect our neighbors—Do not block driveways! This includes the neighborhoods surrounding our school.
- Be kind to the teachers and volunteers on traffic duty—they’re working to keep our children safe!
- Traffic laws exist to keep everyone safe—Please refer to the back of this brochure for offenses worthy of a ticket.
It's the LAW:
21955 CVC (Jaywalking)
Between adjacent intersections controlled by traffic control signa devices, pedestrians shall not cross the roadway at any place except in a crosswalk.
22103 CVC (U-turns)
No person in a residence district shall make a U-turn when any other vehicle is approaching from either direction within 200 feet, except at an intersection when the approaching vehicle is controlled by an official traffic control device.
22107 CVC (Unsafe turn, signaling)
No person shall turn a vehicle from a direct course or move right or left upon a roadway until such movement can be made with reasonable safety and then only after the giving of an appropriate signal in the event any other vehicle may be affected by the movement.
22352 CVC (School zone)
Maximum speed in a school zone is 25 (twenty-five) miles per hour, when children are present.
22400 CVC (Impeding or blocking traffic)
No person shall drive upon a highway at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal
and reasonable movement of traffic. No person shall bring a vehicle to a complete stop upon a
highway so as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic unless the
stop is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.
3-minute student loading zones. No stopping, standing or parking at any time for any purpose
other than loading or unloading of passengers, which shall not exceed three (3) minutes. The
restricted parking applies between the hours of 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. on days that school is in
session. (Note - This is not a 3-minute parking zone, but a loading and unloading zone only).