Math 7 Information
Curriculum includes work and application in all of the California State Common Core Standards for 7th grade mathematics. Here are some important resources that can help to provide support.
GOOGLE DRIVE - http://google.com/drive/
Students can login to their OVSD google account to access our shared Google Drive folder. The Google Drive website has a link to many resources for our class including homework solutions, the completed notes packets, blank notes packets, homework calendars, worksheets, retake permission slips, and many other important documents.
ONLINE TEXTBOOK - http://bigideasmath.com
The online textbook site will be used in class with our Chromebook laptops and can be accessed on home computers or on other personal devices, such as a tablet or smart phone. It provides access to the Dynamic eBook, Skills Review Handbook, Basic Skills Handbook, Multi-Language Glossary, Game Closet, Graphic Organizers, Math Tool Paper, Real-life Stem Videos, and suggested Apps to download.
CURRENT GRADES - http://portal.ovsd.org
EMAIL - firstname.lastname@example.org
PHONE - 714-846-2891 x2914
- Students will complete their Chapter Notes Handout during class. Students may also refer to Google Drive to view the PowerPoints presented in class or to download a blank copy.
- Homework is due at the beginning of the period the day after it is assigned.
- Homework is to remain in a spiral notebook and will be checked daily for:
- Completeness with all work shown (not just answers)
- Work completed in pencil only and is in the proper format
- Problems accurately corrected with all mistakes fixed
- Quizzes, Chapter Tests and Cumulative Exams may be given during class. Cheating will not be tolerated and will result in a score of zero on the exam or assignment.
To ensure your student is completing and turning in his/her assignments please check your student's homework calendar daily for green “OK” stamps. This means the work was completed on time. If there is a red "DUE" stamp on the calendar, then that assignment is still missing. If there is an “OK” stamp covering a “DUE” stamp, then that assignment was turned in late and was completed for half credit. Extra calendars may also be printed from the Google Drive shared folder, if needed.