Note to Parents
How can you help?
- Check the Homework Calendar daily to ensure students are completing their work.
- Check the assignments for completeness and corrections.
- Every problem should be attempted. Even if the student does not know how to work it out, the problem should be written down and any facts and unknowns should also be written. Basically, they need to show that they processed the problem and really thought about it before moving on. A problem should never be left blank.
- Check the Notes Handout
- To ensure students are taking complete and accurate notes (or to help refresh your memory), please refer to the Google Classroom to view the PowerPoints presented in class.
- Notes should have example problems from class lessons and the problems should be diagramed with step-by-step explanations.
- Ask students to explain randomly selected problems
- Play "dumb" and ask lots of "Why?" questions… Make sure they can explain step-by-step reasons for every part of the problem.
- Ask questions like:
- Have you turned in all of your homework? May I see your calendar and assignments?
- Have you been studying your notes? May I see your notes?
I will update Aeries and our Google Classroom often so the lines of communication between us will be open and my expectations for this course will be as clear as possible.
The more the students and parents get involved in their mathematics experience, the more successful their year will be. I look forward to another fantastic year. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
714-846-2891 ext 2914