Frequently Asked Questions About Enrollment

  • Q. What is "Pre-enrollment"?


    A. Pre-enrollment is the first step to enrolling your child in an OVSD school.


    Q. Where do I Pre-enroll?


    A. You Pre-enroll online:


    Q. Do I need to know what school my child will be attending in order to



    A. No. Aeries Air will determine the School of Residence automatically according to the address you

        provide online.


    Q. How do I complete the enrollment process?


    A. You need to print your pre-enrollment confirmation and take it to your School of Residence.


    Q. Do I need to bring anything else with me?


    A. Yes, you will need to bring:

    • Printed pre-enrollment confirmation
    • Proof of Birth (Birth Certificate, Passport)
    • 2 Proofs of Address (Most recent Utility Bills, Lease/Rental Agreeement, Mortgage/Property Tax Payment or Current Car Registration)
    • Immunization Records


    Q. When can I Enroll my child in school after I pre-enroll?


    A. For the 2020-2021 school year:

    • All students: any time after pre-enrollment is completed

        For the 2021-2022 school year:

    • All students: beginning February 19, 2021


    Q. Do I need to take all the Enrollment documentation or can a friend/relative

         do it for me?


    A. A Parent/Guardian is the only person authorized to enroll a student.  Pre-enrolling online and

        bringing all the required documents to the school will speed up your process.


    Q. Will the office staff tell me the name of my child's teacher when I enroll?


    A. The school office will not be able to tell you the name of your child's teacher. This information should be available to you at your school's Registration Day in August.


    Q. What is the first day of school for the 2021-2022 school year?


    A. The first day of school is typically the Wednesday after Labor Day.


    Q. Do I need to Pre-enroll if I want my child to attend a school other than the

         School of Residence?


    A. Yes, you will need to complete the enrollment process entirely with your School of Residence in

        order for us to be able to process a request on your behalf. 


    Q. May I submit a transfer before I enroll my child?


    A. Students must be enrolled in our District before you can submit a transfer.


    Q. Where can I submit for a transfer?


    A. For transfer requests within our own School District (Intradistrict) you can submit online through your parent portal

        (February 1 - April 30, 2021) or when newly enrolling in OVSD. For Transfer Requests outside our District

        boundaries (Interdistrict) you may submit your request at the District Office beginning March 1, 2021. 


    Q. If I live outside OVSD attendance boundaries, when can I submit my request?


    A. Since Interdistrict Tranfers must be initiated with the District of Residence, please check with your

        district of residence for Interdistrict Transfer dates. However, Ocean View begins accepting requests

        on March 1st. 


    Q. Can I submit a request to leave OVSD?


    A. Yes you can, beginning March 1, 2021. Forms are available at the District office or you may download

         the form online and bring with you and any supporting documentation. (i.e. proof of enrollment with a non

        OVSD school, proof of child care, proof of employment, etc) 


    Q. Once I submit my Interdistrict Transfer Request (to OVSD) Can I enroll

         my child?


    A. When you are notified of your Transfer Request approval you will be given information on enrolling in OVSD.



    Q. My child will attend Transitional Kindergarten, can I request a different  



    A.  Transitional Kindergarten is considered a placement. However, at the time of enrollment you may request

         a Transitional Kindergartgen Placement Request form and the Categorical Programs

         Department will contact you to update you on your request. 


    Q. What are the age requirements for enrollment in Kindergarten?

    A. Children are eligible for Kindergarten if they reach five years of age (5) on or before

        September 1, 2021.


    Q. What are the age requirements for enrollment in Transitional Kindergarten?


    A. Children with a 5th birthdate between September 2 - December 2, 2021 will be automatically placed

        in the Transitional Kindergarten Program.


    Q. Does Ocean View offer Child Care?


    A. Ocean View offers before/after school care. For more information contact the Child Care Department

        (714) 847-2551 ext. 1107 or 1108 or click here for more information click here