What We Do
We handle the deployment, administration, and support of various technologies, devices, network and voice communication infrastructures, and services that enable the District to perform its educational mission and give students an opportunity to engage in a 21st-century learning environment. We have highly-skilled and courteous technicians servicing all 16 of our school sites, support sites, and the District Office, as well as a full-service database analyst supporting our District's Student Information System (SIS), powered by Aeries.
We implement technical elements of and provide support for audio/visual and technology needs in every facet of the District, including special education, the District and school websites, events happening throughout the District, STEM/STEAM programs, nutrition services, and much more. We are proud to provide effective educational technology service to meet the demands of modern learning.
What We've Been Working On
As we begin the 2019-20 school year, the OVSD IT department has been working on the following:
- moving computers, phones, and other technology equipment at Westmont School from its interim site back to its beautiful newly modernized campus
- replaced the uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) at all school sites to ensure continuous Internet and phone service during a power outage
- consolidated rackspace and network equipment in our primary datacenter, and installed a new core switch for more efficient connections and increased security
- updated thousands of PCs with the latest version of Windows 10
- installed new network monitoring software to expand preventative service and respond quicker to emergencies
- helping to launch new social science (Pearson) textbook software, as well as move HMH School Achievement Manager (formerly Scholastic) to the cloud
- installed new Districtwide antivirus software for advanced security against global threats
- performed a major Aeries student information system server upgrade, taking advantage of the latest database technology and complying with Microsoft's end-of-life schedule
- prepared for a new efficient method of inputting technology service calls (tickets) and upgraded our ticket system
With over 10,000 devices and growing, Ocean View IT is ready for the futures of our students.