May 13, 2021
Dear OVSD Parents,
We are happy to report that even with more students on our campuses, our COVID-19 rates continue to decline. Currently, we have just one positive COVID-19 case among students and staff in our District. As a result, the Board of Trustees approved relaxing one of our COVID-19 safety protocols, while still aligning with California Department of Public Health (CDPH) guidelines.
Beginning Monday, May 17th, student and staff health/temperature screenings will no longer be required when entering school grounds. However, we do ask that parents conduct a health screening of their child each morning before coming to school...read more here.
General Coronavirus Information
The novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, is a respiratory virus that was first identified in Wuhan City, China. It has since spread throughout the world. Reported illnesses have ranged from mild to severe, including illness resulting in death. Older people and people with certain underlying health conditions like heart disease, lung disease and diabetes, for example, seem to be at greater risk of serious illness.
How can I help protect myself?
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. However, the CDC recommends these proven steps to help stop the spread of respiratory illnesses:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Use a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash immediately.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- COVID-19 Student Symptom Decision Tree
- COVID-19 Student Symptom Decision Tree Spanish
- COVID-19 Student Symptom Decision Tree Vietnamese
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer English
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer Spanish
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer Vietnamese
- Orange County Department of Education (OCDE) Newsroom
- Orange County Health Care Agency
- FAQ about Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus
- California Department of Public Health
- Visit Your Pediatrician!
- Ocean View School District Community Resources
- Create a Family Plan
- Alternate Caregiver Form for Child
- Medical Consent Form for Child