Re: OVSD COVID-19 Dashboard
Dear OVSD Parents,
We have now been back on our school campuses for three weeks with our Hybrid model. As I have been visiting our schools, I am very pleased to see students, staff, and parents embracing the safety protocols we have put in place. Working together, we can and will minimize the spread of COVID-19. That being said, the Ocean View School District is committed to providing accurate and timely information regarding COVID-19 cases on our campuses, while also maintaining privacy and confidentiality for our students and staff. This week, the District launched the OVSD COVID-19 Dashboard, an online database reporting the number of confirmed coronavirus cases among District students and staff on our campuses.
When we respond to a positive case, we will adhere to four tenets – act swiftly, collaborate with the Orange County Health Care Agency, follow consistent protocols, and provide transparent communication. Read more here.
General Coronavirus Information
The novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, is a respiratory virus that was first identified in Wuhan City, China. It has since spread throughout the world. Reported illnesses have ranged from mild to severe, including illness resulting in death. Older people and people with certain underlying health conditions like heart disease, lung disease and diabetes, for example, seem to be at greater risk of serious illness.
How can I help protect myself?
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. However, the CDC recommends these proven steps to help stop the spread of respiratory illnesses:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Use a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash immediately.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- COVID-19 Student Symptom Decision Tree
- COVID-19 Student Symptom Decision Tree Spanish
- COVID-19 Student Symptom Decision Tree Vietnamese
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer English
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer Spanish
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer Vietnamese
- Orange County Department of Education (OCDE) Newsroom
- Orange County Health Care Agency
- FAQ about Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus
- California Department of Public Health
- Visit Your Pediatrician!
- Ocean View School District Community Resources
- Create a Family Plan
- Alternate Caregiver Form for Child
- Medical Consent Form for Child