April 15, 2021
Dear OVSD Parents,
On Monday, April 19th, we will be bringing our 4th and 5th grade students back to school five days a week. Our phased 3-week transition for elementary students has gone smoothly and we are very excited to announce that we are working on preparations to bring all of our in-person middle school students back to school five days a week as well, beginning May 3rd!
In order to make daily in-person instruction available to our middle school students, we must continue to adhere to the California Department of Public Health requirements regarding social distancing of three feet between students and mask wearing. Additional staff will be hired and some adjustments to student class schedules will need to be made to accommodate social distancing requirements.
Please prepare your middle school student for the transition to in-person instruction five days a week as well as the potential for schedule changes. You will hear directly from your school principal, prior to May 3rd, about schedule changes for your student and/or school specific directions.
Middle schools will be operating on an odd/even block schedule. See middle school block schedule.
Marine View Daily Schedule (effective May 3rd)
7:45 AM – 12:05 PM
Mesa View Daily Schedule (effective May 3rd)
8:15 AM – 12:35 PM
Spring View Daily Schedule (effective May 3rd)
8:15 AM – 12:35 PM
Vista View Daily Schedule (effective May 3rd)
7:45 AM – 12:09 PM
Elementary Daily Schedule for 1st - 5th Grades
Start Time Release Time May 3rd Release Time*
8:00 am 12:20 pm 2:00 pm
8:30 am 12:50 pm 2:30 pm
*Elementary students only - from May 3rd through the end of the school year, a lunch period and one hour of additional instructional time will be added to all student schedules two days per week. Your school principal will provide information specific to your child’s school.
Please note that Virtual Academy student schedules do not change and will remain the same through the end of the school year.
We are thrilled to be able to bring students in all grade levels back to school five days a week. This has always been the goal as we know what an important role being in school plays in your child’s educational achievement, health, and wellbeing.
As always, thank you for your patience and support as we work through another exciting transition.
Dr. Carol Hansen, Superintendent
Patricia Singer, President, Board of Trustees
General Coronavirus Information
The novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, is a respiratory virus that was first identified in Wuhan City, China. It has since spread throughout the world. Reported illnesses have ranged from mild to severe, including illness resulting in death. Older people and people with certain underlying health conditions like heart disease, lung disease and diabetes, for example, seem to be at greater risk of serious illness.
How can I help protect myself?
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. However, the CDC recommends these proven steps to help stop the spread of respiratory illnesses:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Use a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash immediately.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- COVID-19 Student Symptom Decision Tree
- COVID-19 Student Symptom Decision Tree Spanish
- COVID-19 Student Symptom Decision Tree Vietnamese
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer English
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer Spanish
- FREE COVID19 Testing Flyer Vietnamese
- Orange County Department of Education (OCDE) Newsroom
- Orange County Health Care Agency
- FAQ about Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus
- California Department of Public Health
- Visit Your Pediatrician!
- Ocean View School District Community Resources
- Create a Family Plan
- Alternate Caregiver Form for Child
- Medical Consent Form for Child