HBUHSD Open Enrollment

  • View HBUHSD Open Enrollment General Information

    INTRA-DISTRICT transfer is when parents/guardians wish to register/admit/enroll their student(s) at a school other than the designated "home" school that is in their attendance area within their district.       

    For INTER-DISTRICT ENROLLMENT (requesting a change from a school in an outside district to a school in HBUHSD) Information, please visit the HBUHSD page here.                      

    OPEN ENROLLMENT transfer refers to the window in which the district allows your student with the opportunity to register/admit/enroll to the District school of choice.  All students residing within the Huntington Beach Union High School District may apply for enrollment in any District school during the Open Enrollment period. You do not need to apply if you wish for your student to attend the school of residence.

    Though the district supports parental choice and is committed to Open Enrollment, once the Open Enrollment windows end OR a school reaches capacity, that school will be closed to Open Enrollment.